Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reflection 10

I thought the presentation went really well. I ended up having a lot of fun doing it. I enjoyed making the poster because it's not often I get to do creative, visual work like that. It also got me thinking about the portfolio and what kinds of things to include for that. I changed my mind a few times throughout the process, but I think the examples I chose to display showed the range of assignments I completed at the Press. Now, I think I'm going to take that range and expand on it in my portfolio to show how I improved at completing tasks throughout the semester.

By about the second person I discussed my poster with I had become very comfortable. Right before the presentation started I got nervous that they would ask something I wouldn't be able to answer or that I would sound nervous while talking. After the first discussion went smoothly I realized that they couldn't really ask something too difficult since I was the one at the internship and anything they would ask would most likely be about me. The more people I talked to the more I was able to point out the key aspects of presentation, something I think will help in my reflections and introductions to pieces in the portfolio. After the presentation, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Sometimes at work a project can drag on and I'll feel very unproductive, but the presentation made me realize just how much experience I was able to get this semester.

No comments: