Sunday, December 7, 2008

Final Reflection and Link to Portfolio

Working on my portfolio was similar to making my poster for the presentation. It really gave me a sense of accomplishment to see all of my work put together. When I sat down to do final planning I still hadn't decided whether to focus it on showcasing the pieces I was most proud of or highlighting my improvements. After going through all the work I've done, I realized that they're both the same thing and that I've improved so much, I had to make that the focus of my portfolio. Keeping the blogs this semester helped me to notice the improvements I was making as the semester went on, and thinking of all the projects I worked on made my improvements stand out even more. After I made that decisions everything sort of just fell into place. I had lots of documents that I could compare to show improvement for my examples. Also, being familiar with the Google Pages application was very helpful.

I'm excited that I did this internship, and I'm happy that I'm going to continue to work at the Press. I finished this semester a better editor than when I started, and I hope to continue to improve. Now I'm going to start each new project thinking of ways I can make the project better than the last one I did.

You can see my portfolio at

http://warnickpwe.googlepages.com/

No comments: